Sunday, November 25th 7:45am.. A ridge of high pressure oriented NE-SW is currently cresting over the island as it drifts eastward across the region. Clear skies and calm winds are accompanying this feature. A developing area of low pressure s located just off the mid Atlantic coast near NYC. This system will track NE approaching southern NS late this afternoon then weakens as it turns eastward. The bulk of any associated precipitation is expected to fall over southern and eastern NS. Here in PEI we will see skies cloud over today with a chance of showers of flurries this evening and overnight especially southeastern Kings county. High pressure returns for tomorrow with some sunshine. A complicated and complex series of low pressure systems then approach on Tuesday effecting the Maritimes through Thursday night. These systems will bring some mild temperatures along with rain or snow depending on temperatures. The computer models continue to struggle with the evolution of the varies systems and are giving out different scenarios. The system pulls away to the east Thursday night resulting in a bit cooler NW flow giving onshore cloud and flurries. High pressure returns for Saturday with sunshine. Skies cloud up on Sunday with rain developing Sunday night and persisting into Monday.
Precipitation.. Few flurries possible tonight especially southeastern Kings county. Few showers of flurries tomorrow evening. Periods of snow develop Tuesday afternoon changing to rain by suppertime. Showers on Wednesday, Rain on Thursday changing to snow as cooler air invades. Flurries continue on Friday. Dry on Saturday-Sunday afternoon. Rain Sunday night into Monday morning.
Temperatures.. Near normal through Sunday. Warm-up on Monday.
Wind.. Light-brisk winds expected over the next week or so except brisk-strong winds on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday night.
Hazards.. The worst of the weather ahead appears to be later Thursday when rain changes to snow. Brisk-strong north winds as well will make for hazards driving conditions. Possible bridge restrictions due wind on Thursday.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time.
- Today.. Increasing cloud, light east winds, highs +1
- Tonight. Cloudy, chance of flurries, light NE winds, lows 0
- Tomorrow. Cloudy, chance of showers/flurries late afternoon/evening. light north winds, highs +3
- Tuesday.. Cloudy, rain/snow developing through the afternoon, brisk SE winds, highs +2
- Wednesday.. Cloudy with showers, light and variable winds, highs +5
- Thursday.. Rain changing to snow, brisk-strong north winds, highs +4
- Friday.. Cloud and flurries, brisk north winds, highs +2
- Saturday.. Sunny, light NW winds, highs +1
- Sunday.. Increasing clouds, rain late, +3
- Monday.. Rain ending, +10