Monday, November 26th 7:45am.. A low pressure system tracked by SE of NS yesterday evening and overnight and is now located SE of Sable Island. The bulk of any associated precipitation stayed offshore. A weak ridge of high pressure will briefly build in today which may allow some sunshine. A complex series of low pressure systems are then forecast to develop and move into the Cape Cod area by tomorrow morning. This system will then stall there through Wednesday morning. We should be in a mild situation here so any precip should fall in the form of rain. A secondary storm system is then expected to develop in the Atlantic Ocean well south of NS Wednesday morning. This system will intensify and track northward towards Cape Breton on Thursday. Strong northerly winds will develop across the island but tempos should be mild enough for precip to fall as rain especially for the eastern half of the Island. Western PEI, which will be further from the storm center, will be a bit cooler hence there could be accumulating snow there. Should have a better handle on this in upcoming posts. High pressure builds in for Saturday with some sunshine and much lighter winds. A coastal storm moves through Sunday night into Monday with what looks to be another shot of rain as temps continue to be on he mild side.
Precipitation.. Rain develops near noon tomorrow ending before noon on Wednesday then redeveloping Wednesday evening ending Friday morning. Still not sure where the rain/snow line will be so prepare for some snow. This system will bring significant amounts of either rain or snow. Stay tuned.. Saturday will be dry. then more rain and/or snow on Sunday into Monday.
Temperatures.. Will remain close to normal for the next week or so.
Wind.. Couple of wind events ahead. Tuesday night could see gusts to 80 KMH. Thursday is shaping up to be quite windy as well with strong north winds developing. Thursday system appears to be the most significant.
Hazards.. Quiet next day or so. Wind events on Tuesday night and again on Thursday may result in bridge restrictions. High surf and pounding waves along the north shore especially during high tide cycle. Prepare accordingly.
Watches/warnings.. Special weather statement in effect for PEI for the next few days regarding the evolution of the next series of weather systems.
- Today.. Cloudy, few sunny breaks, light NE winds, highs +3
- Tonight.. Cloudy, light east winds, lows +2
- Tomorrow.. Cloudy, rain developing near noon. Light east winds increasing to brisk-strong by midnight. Highs +3
- Wednesday.. Rain ending before noon, giving total of 10-15 mms. winds diminishing to light easterly, highs +4. Rain redeveloping through the evening.
- Thursday.. Rain and /or snow.. Sig amounts possible. strong north winds developing, highs +4
- Friday.. Cloudy, showers/flurries, diminishing north winds, highs +3
- Saturday.. Sunny, very light and variable winds, highs +2
- Sunday.. Snow and/or rain developing, increasing SE winds, highs +3
- Monday.. Rain/snow.. +1