Saturday, Dec1st 8:00am.. A north-south ridge of high pressure is currently approaching from the west and will crest over the island overnight tonight. Skies should clear later today as the ridge approaches and winds will remain calm/very light. Clouds will begin to spread across the island early tomorrow in advance of the next weather system approaching from the west. This system is expected to move across the Great Lakes on Sunday, but a secondary area of low pressure will develop along the Maine coast tomorrow evening and move NE right into the Maritimes. Not much cold air associated with these system hence looking a some mild weather accompanied by rain. The low pressure system moves past the island Monday morning which should bring an end to the steadier rain but clouds and showers will continue through Tuesday morning when the accompanying cold front sweep across the island. Cooler air with clouds and flurries develop in the NW winds Tuesday afternoon. Fairly quiet next week with high pressure in control. Next system moves through Friday night with a mix of rain and snow.
Precipitation.. Could be a flurrie around today. Rain begins just after suppertime tomorrow which may begin briefly as snow. Rain tapers to showers Monday morning then to flurries Tuesday afternoon. Onshore flurries on Wednesday. Thursday dry. Light snow or rain on Friday.
Temperatures… Normal today, warm-up begins tomorrow peaking near 10 by dawn on Monday morning then falling back a bit. Temps remain mild through Monday into early Tuesday. Cold frontal passage Tuesday noon-ish introduces some cooler air resulting in below normal for Wednesday and Thursday. Back to normal for Friday.
Wind.. Very light NW winds today, calm tonight, increasing SE winds tomorrow becoming brisk by tomorrow night. SW winds on Monday, NW on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Hazards.. Wet driving conditions in rain tomorrow night. rain and snow melt may give some water issues Tomorrow night through Monday. Wet surfaces will then freeze over on Tuesday afternoon.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time.
- Today.. Cloudy, chance of a flurrie, very light NW winds, highs +1
- Tonight.. Few clouds increasing high clouds towards dawn, calm, frosty, lows -5
- Tomorrow.. Cloudy, rain/snow beginning late afternoon/early evening changing to rain. increasing SE winds, highs +2
- Monday… Rain tapers to showers near dawn then cloudy with chance of showers, brisk SW winds, highs +10 near dawn then slowly falling.
- Tuesday.. Cloudy with showers changing to periods of snow or flurries near noon, brisk NW winds, highs +3 mid morning then falling through the afternoon -1 by suppertime.
- Wednesday.. Cloudy with flurries, brisk NW winds, highs -4
- Thursday.. Sun and cloud, light winds, highs -3
- Friday.. Snow/rain developing, south winds, highs +2
- Saturday.. Flurries, NW winds, falling temps. -2 through mid afternoon.