Thursday, Dec 6th 8:50am.. A ridge of high pressure oriented NE-SW is currently located over the Maritimes. A intensifying ocean storm is located well SE of NS and moving NE and is expected to pass by SE of the Avalon Penn of Newfoundland later today. Cloud from this system is spreading across the island now but snow edge should remain across the Atlantic coast of NS and Cape Breton. Tomorrow, a frontal system will cross the island with cloud and few flurries. A weak low will develop along the frontal system tomorrow evening over southern NS then track NE along the coast crossing Cape Breton by Saturday morning. The storm track remains offshore SE of NS and Newfoundland all next week keeping several potential storms, including the current one away from the Maritimes. On the down side, a cool/cold NW flow will continue over the next week or so with onshore cloud and few flurries. Looks like a warm-up late next week. So a uneventful week of weather ahead once we get past some light snow or flurries tomorrow. Staying chilly…
Precipitation.. Few flurries or periods of light snow with maybe a light coating (2-4 cms) tomorrow evening. Onshore flurries Saturday through Thursday next week. This activity will be most pronounced down east where a bit more accumulations possible. Up west may stay dry the entire time. Long range models are hinting at rain developing next Friday..
Temperatures.. Below normal this period.. Warm-up beginning next Friday.
Wind.. Basically a light-brisk NW wind for the next 7 days..
Hazards.. 2-4 cms snow possible tomorrow evening into Saturday morning followed flurries through most of next week. Chilly for those outside.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Cloudy, chance of flurries, light west winds, highs -5
- Tonight.. Cloudy, chance of flurries, light west winds, lows -8
- Tomorrow.. Cloudy, light snow developing mid afternoon, light SW winds, highs -1
- Saturday.. Sun and cloud, chance of flurries eastern half, light-brisk NW winds, highs -1 in the morning then falling through the day -7 by suppertime.
- Sunday.. Sun and cloud, chance of flurries eastern half, light-brisk NW winds, highs -8
- Monday.. Sun and cloud, chance of flurries eastern half, light-brisk NW winds, highs -6
- Tuesday.. Sun and cloud, chance of flurries eastern half, light-brisk NW winds, highs -5
- Wednesday.. Sun and cloud, chance of flurries eastern half, light-brisk NW winds, highs -4
- Thursday.. Sunny.. -4
- Friday.. Rain developing.. +5