Friday, December 7th 8:30am.. A trough of low pressure will cross the island later today with cloud and flurries. A weak area of low pressure will then develop Over southern NS this evening and track NE along the coastline passing Cape Breton near dawn tomorrow. This weak system will amplify the flurrie activity especially for down east with periods of light snow during the overnight hours tonight. Ridge of high pressure begins to approach on Saturday but onshore NW winds should give cloud and few flurries down east. Another weak system and cold front will approach on Sunday night giving more cloud and few flurries by Monday morning. Persistent high pressure then sets up just to the west of the region fro later Monday through Saturday promising 5-6 days of mostly sunshine.Looks likes some rain towards Sunday.
Precipitation. Flurries or periods of light snow tonight into tomorrow morning giving 1-2 cms up west increasing to 5 cms for Charlottetown increasing to 7-10 cms for eastern PEI. Few flurries for remainder of Saturday into Sunday. More light snow on Monday could give another 3-5 cms then just a few flurries for Tuesday through Saturday.
Temperatures.. Below normal through Saturday of next week.
Wind.. No wind events expected.. Basically a light-brisk W-NW wind through Saturday next week.
Hazards.. Accumulating snow tonight especially for Charlottetown and east giving 5-10 cms. Drifting snow may give changing roads conditions in rural areas. Another round of snow on Monday giving 5 cms.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Sunny becoming cloudy later this afternoon, light west winds, highs 0
- Tonight.. Light snow giving 5-10 cms. Light west winds shifting and increasing to brisk NW after midnight giving some drifting snow, lows -5 by dawn.
- Tomorrow.. Sun and cloud, few flurries especially down east, light-brisk NW winds, highs -5 at breakfast cooling to -8 by suppertime.
- Sunday.. Sun and cloud, few flurries, light-brisk NW winds, highs -8
- Monday.. Light snow 5 cms, light west winds, highs -3
- Tuesday.. Sun and cloud, light-brisk W-NW winds, highs -5
- Wednesday.. Sun and cloud, light-brisk W-NW winds, highs -4
- Thursday.. Sun and cloud, light-brisk W-NW winds, highs -5
- Friday.. Sun and cloud, light-brisk W-NW winds, highs -3
- Saturday.. Sun and cloud, light-brisk W-NW winds, highs -2
- Sunday.. Possible rain..