Friday, January 11th 6:00am.. The low pressure system that gave the snow to the island yesterday became stationary yesterday and is still located in the western Gulf of St Lawrence just east of Gaspe Bay. This system will now drift slowly NE to be located just east of Anticosti Island this evening then off the Labrador coast tomorrow. Looks like an extended period of fair cold but sunny weather ahead as high pressure in control through Saturday of next week. The only exception will be some cloud and flurries on Wednesday with the passage of a cold front.
Precipitation… Few flurries today then dry through Tuesday. Flurries on Wednesday then dry again through Saturday. Don’t see any storms effecting the island until Sunday of next week.
Temperatures… Cold below normal temperatures expected now through Friday of next week with a one-day warm-up on Wednesday.
Wind.. Light-brisk SW wind today and tomorrow becoming light westerly Sunday through Tuesday. Winds shift back to the south on Wednesday then NW on Thursday.
Hazards.. Cold temperatures and brisk winds will lead to low wind chill values for the weekend for those outside. Feel like temps will be in the -25/-30 range for both Saturday and Sunday. Bundle up!!
Watches/warnings… None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Sun and cloud, few flurries, light-brisk SW winds, temps steady near -5 through early afternoon then falling to -8 by suppertime.
- Tonight.. Few clouds, light SW winds, lows -15
- Tomorrow.. Sunny, light-brisk SW winds, highs -14
- Sunday.. Sunny, light west winds, highs -14
- Monday.. Sunny, light west winds, highs -9
- Tuesday.. Sunny, light west winds, highs -9
- Wednesday.. Cloudy, flurries, light-brisk South winds, highs 0
- Thursday.. Sun and cloud, chance of flurries, light NW winds, highs -15
- Friday.. Sunny, calm winds, highs -15
- Saturday.. Sunny, light-brisk south winds, highs -2
- Sunday.. Snow and/or Rain, +2