Friday, January 25th 7:00am.. A low pressure system moved NE through NB overnight and is now located in the northern Gulf of Saint Lawrence. The associated cold front swept eastward across the island just after midnight last night accompanied by a wind shift to the west and lowering temperatures. High pressure crests over the region Saturday evening then moves east. Light winds will accompany this feature. Clouds will be on the increase during Saturday afternoon as a frontal system approaches with some light snow developing by midnight. Temperatures will be fairly mild so expected a change over to rain by Sunday morning. Colder air returns by Monday morning with a change over back to snow anticipated. High pressure crests over the island Monday night then more snow developing Tuesday afternoon as a warm front approaches. The associated low pressure system passes NW of the Maritimes on Wednesday which means a warmer scenario and a change over to rain. The associated cold front then moves through Wednesday afternoon with a return to cold winter weather for Thursday and Friday.
Precipitation.. Chance of a few flurries tonight as secondary cold front moves through. Light snow begins late tomorrow night and continues through Sunday possibly changing to rain Sunday night then back to snow near noon Monday ending in the afternoon. At this point only light amounts expected. Snow redevelops Tuesday afternoon changing to rain after midnight then back to snow Wednesday afternoon behind the cold front. Flurries on Thursday, Dry Friday.
Temperatures.. Don’t see any real cold arctic air this period. Temps should be normal or slightly above.
Wind.. Light-brisk SW winds today dropping off to light tonight into tomorrow then dropping off to calm for tomorrow night. Brisk SE winds on Sunday shifting to NW for Monday.
Hazards.. Wet or slushie surfaces will begin to freeze over this afternoon as temps fall below zero. Light snow tonight giving a coating surfaces.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time.
- Today.. Clearing, light-brisk SW winds, highs occurring now, Temps falling to 0 by early afternoon.
- Tonight.. Flurries or periods of light snow, light SW winds, lows -7
- Tomorrow.. Sunny start becoming cloudy with light snow towards midnight, light SW winds, highs -6
- Sunday.. Light Snow or rain, brisk SE winds, highs +2
- Monday.. Rain changes back to snow then ends, brisk NW winds, highs +2 falling -8 by mid evening.
- Tuesday.. Snow developing in the afternoon, brisk SE winds, highs -7
- Wednesday.. Rain and or snow, +7
- Thursday.. Flurries, -8