Thursday, March 14th 6:15am.. An area of high pressure is currently passing south of the Maritimes and will give sunny mild conditions to the island today. A warm front will approach later Today with increasing clouds and will cross the Maritimes late Friday. Rain and mild temperatures will continue with this feature. The associated cold front will then move across the island suppertime on Saturday which will be accompanied by clearing skies and falling temperatures. An upper level disturbance will then cross Monday night into Tuesday morning with some cloud and chance of a flurrie, otherwise high pressure in control with dry conditions.
Precipitation.. Rain begins Friday evening tapering to showers by noon then ending. Few flurries possible Saturday night and again Monday night.
Temperatures.. Above normal today through Saturday. Cool down Saturday evening followed by slightly below normal for Sunday through Tuesday. Another big warm-up begins on Wednesday.
Wind.. Very light SW winds today and tonight. Increasing southerlies tomorrow, light-brisk SW on Saturday followed by light-brisk westerlies on Sunday through Monday.
Hazards.. Rainfall and snow melt will lead to water issues. Water on roads. Brisk-strong south winds will peak tomorrow evening with gusts to 80 KMH which may put restrictions on bridge. Plan accordingly.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Nice day.. Get outside.. Sunny, very light SW winds highs +6
- Tonight.. Clear, calm lows, -3
- Tomorrow.. Increasing clouds with rain late, increasing south winds peaking mid-late evening with gusts to 80 KMH, highs +7
- Saturday.. Rain ending near noon then partial clearing, Light-brisk SW winds, highs +8
- Sunday.. Sun and cloud, light-brisk west winds, highs 0
- Monday.. Sun and cloud chance of a flurrie late, light-brisk west winds, highs 0
- Tuesday.. Sunny, light north winds, highs -1
- Wednesday.. Sunny, light SW winds, highs +2