Sunday, March 17th 9:00am… A strong low pressure system in Labrador continues to deepen today. This is resulting in the brisk NW winds across the island which will continue for the next couple days. A series of upper air disturbances will cross the Maritimes over the next couple days resulting in cloudy periods with few flurries. High pressure, which has been trying to build in from the wets will finally crest over the island Wednesday morning before drifting away to the east. The long range beginning on Thursday is very unclear as all the models are handling the next disturbance differently. The middle of the pack scenario will be a cold front moves across the region Thursday night with some cloud and showers/flurries. A second front moves through on Friday evening. Low pressure then develops along this front
Precipitation.. Chance of a Few flurries next couple days. Dry for Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday is when the uncertainty begins… Looks like rain and snow showers start during the afternoon ending Thursday night. Snow redevelops Friday evening when a second front approaches. Low pressure then develops along this front early Saturday morning near Cape Breton and tracks NE through Newfoundland resulting in a snowier colder solution for PEI. This will change with new model runs.
Temperatures.. Below normal today through Tuesday. At or slightly above normal for Wednesday – Friday. Slightly below normal for Saturday.
Wind.. Brisk westerly today, Light-brisk SW tomorrow then light NW on Tuesday. Brisk SW winds on Wednesday and Thursday then northerlies develop on Friday and Saturday.
Hazards.. Fairly quiet next few days..
Watches/warnings… None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Sun and cloud, chance of flurries, brisk west winds, highs -3
- Tonight.. Few clouds, light-brisk west winds, lows -10
- Tomorrow.. Sun and cloud, chance of a few flurries, light-brisk SW winds, highs -2
- Tuesday.. Sunny, light NW winds, highs -2
- Wednesday.. Sunny, increasing SW winds, highs +1
- Thursday.. Flurries or showers, brisk SW winds, highs +7
- Friday.. Snow developing, winds shifting to north, highs +4
- Saturday.. Flurries, brisk north winds, highs -5
- Sunday.. Sun and cloud, NW winds, highs