Monday, March 18th 7:15am.. A trough of low pressure currently NW f the region will sweep across the island later today with cloud and few flurries. High pressure will then approach and pass south of the Maritimes on Wednesday morning. Things then start to get a bit complicated. Low pressure approaches from the west then merges with another low pressure system moving up the Atlantic seaboard and moves through the Maritimes Friday night into Saturday. There is a wide range of scenarios from the various computer models. The deepening system pulls away to the NE on Sunday.
Precipitation.. Few Flurries later today then dry until Thursday night when rain develops then changes to flurries on Friday afternoon. Flurries again on Saturday and Sunday.
Temperatures.. Slightly below normal today and tomorrow. Normal on Wednesday. At or Above normal on Thursday through Sunday.
Wind.. Light-brisk WSW winds today, light west winds, tomorrow shifting back to SW on Wednesday. Increasing SW winds on Thursday shifting to light westerly on Friday.
Hazards.. Quiet next few days..
Watches/Warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Sunny start becoming cloudy with few flurries developing, light-brisk WSW winds, highs -2
- Tonight.. Cloudy with a few flurries ending then clearing, light west winds, lows -11
- Tomorrow.. Sunny, light west winds, highs -1
- Wednesday.. Sunny, light SW winds, highs +2
- Thursday.. Sunny, becoming cloudy with rain towards midnight, brisk SW winds, highs +7
- Friday.. Shower and /or flurries, light west winds, highs +5
- Saturday.. Cloudy, showers/flurries, brisk NW winds, highs +2
- Sunday.. Cloudy, showers/flurries, brisk west winds, highs +4