Wednesday, October 9th 6:40am… An area of high pressure centered over Maine early this morning will give sunshine to the island today as it slowly drifts eastward over the next couple days. A low pressure system remains stalled just south of Cape Cod over the next couple days but the cloud shield associated will begin to spread across the island from the south later today. This system will begin to drift slowly NE on Friday spreading rain across the island by Saturday morning. It will take a couple of days before this system moves away. Some sunshine expected on Monday and Tuesday as high pressure moves through.
Precipitation… Generally dry for the next couple of days. Rain at times heavy begins Saturday morning. Few showers on Sunday.
Temperatures… At or above normal this period. Don’t see any cold air for at least a week.
Wind… Very light N-NE winds expected next couple days. Light easterly Friday and Saturday then back to light N-NE for Sunday and Monday.
Hazards… Could be some patchy frost tonight.
Watches/warnings… Frost advisory in effect for tonight.
- Today… Sunny, very light North winds, highs 13
- Tonight… High cloudiness, calm winds, lows 2-6 giving patchy frost
- Tomorrow… High filtered sunshine, very light NE winds, highs 15
- Friday… High cloudiness, light east winds, highs 14
- Saturday… Overcast with rain developing in the morning, light NE winds, highs 14
- Sunday… Cloudy with showers, light NE winds, highs 12
- Monday… Sun and cloud, light north winds, highs 12
- Tuesday… Sun and cloud, light north winds, highs 13