Friday, May 22nd 7:30am… A west-east oriented cold front is currently located across the central Gulf of Saint Lawrence and is dropping south. This feature will cross the island later this morning with chance of a showers along with much cooler weather this afternoon on northerly winds. High pressure returns tomorrow and should remain across the region through Wednesday with mix of sun and cloud. A frontal system approaches from the NW on Thursday with showers then stalls over the region Thursday night before lifting back to the north on Friday.
Precipitation… Very slight chance of a showers near noon today. Looks like some rain Thursday of next week.
Temperatures… Cool down later today and tomorrow then back to at or above normal beginning Sunday.
Wind… West winds shifting to northerly near noon today marking the cold frontal passage which then continue through tomorrow. Light-brisk SW flow then expected Sunday through Wednesday. Winds will shift with the frontal passage on Thursday and Friday.
Watches/Warnings… None for PEI at this time.
- Today… Cloudy with slight chance of showers, west winds shifting to north near noon, highs 17 then falling this afternoon with the northerly wind shift.
- Tonight… Clearing early this evening, light-brisk north winds, lows 3
- Tomorrow… Sunny, light-brisk north winds, highs 7
- Sunday… Sunny, light south winds, highs 15
- Monday… Sunny, brisk SW winds, highs 17
- Tuesday… Sunny, brisk SW winds highs 20
- Wednesday… Sunny, brisk SW winds highs 21
- Thursday… Cloudy with showers, SW winds, highs 20
- Friday… Sun and cloud, 20