Thursday, September 13th 6:50AM.. An area of high pressure currently located in central Maine will slide east today cresting over the island tomorrow. A weakening cold front is expected to approach the island from the NW on Saturday night into Sunday morning with some cloud and a slight chance of an isolated shower. High pressure briefly returns for later Sunday then a series of upper air disturbances move across the region Sunday night through MOnday with some cloud and chance of showers. Tropical moisture from the remnants of Florence will then begin to move into the Maritimes on Tuesday with another round of rain at times heavy..Will need to wait a few days before things become clearer as to the track and intensity.
Precipitation. Slight chance of a showers Saturday night into Sunday morning. Showers begin Monday afternoon as the upper air disturbance moves through then from from Florence should begin Tuesday morning.
Temperatures.. At or Above normal today through Tuesday. Cool down on Wednesday.
Wind.. Light westerly today, calm/c\very light winds tomorrow. Light-brisk SW winds on Saturday shifting to northerly behind the cold front Saturday night. Winds shift back to southerly for Monday and Tuesday.
Tropical Systems.. Hurricane Florence continues to weaken as it approaches the NC coast due to it’s very large size, some dry air and shear. The storms is expected to may landfall near the border of NC/SC Tonight into early Friday morning then linger over the area for a few days before getting kicked NE towards the Maritimes on Tuesday in a much weakened state but should still hold significant rainfall.
Hazards.. Quiet next couple days..
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Fog patches dissipating early then mostly sunny, light west winds, highs 23
- Tonight.. Clear, fog patches developing after sunset, calm winds, lows 10
- Tomorrow.. Sunny, very light/calm winds, highs 24
- Saturday.. Sunny becoming cloudy late with slight chance of an overnight shower, light-brisk SW winds, highs 25
- Sunday.. Cloud morning becoming mix of sun and cloud. light north winds, highs 18
- Monday.. Cloudy with showers developing, light-brisk SW winds, highs 23
- Tuesday.. Rain, brisk south winds, highs 22
- Wednesday.. Showers, light-brisk north winds, highs 15